Instagram is an upgrown media-sharing platform. On that, you can be able to exchange messages with your friends and family members, then you can share the media files, etc. If someone creates an impersonation account, then what to do? If that scenario happens, it is simple to report that imposter account. Before that, let’s find out what an impersonation account is and for what purpose it is created.
Impersonation means pretending or acting to be another person. On Instagram, if an account copies your profile with name and image, then that Instagram account is said to be an imposter account. By creating an impersonation account, the scammer will create a fake impression on that person, or else, the scammer will ask for money from that person’s neighbors.
Do you wanna check if someone has already created an impersonation account? If yes, then go to the search bar on Instagram and search for your name. If an account matches your name with your exact profile, then we can confirm a fake account is created for your profile.
Once you find an impersonation or imposter account on Instagram, you need to report that account immediately. For your convenience, I have delivered the procedures to report an impersonation account on Instagram. Let’s get into the article.
Freeze Here for a While!
|How to Unlink Facebook from Instagram?
To report an impersonation account on Instagram, all you need to know is the imposter account name and its Instagram ID. Once you know that Instagram ID, then you can report that account with ease. Before that, you need to alert your friends and family members that you’re profile have impersonated by another person. By letting information to them, the fraudulent cases will be reduced. Now let’s take a deep look at the process of how to report an impersonation account on Instagram.
How to Report an Impersonation Account on Instagram?
- First of all, open your Instagram account and log in to your account just by entering your Username and Password.
- After that, go to the impersonated profile and click the three dots at the top right corner. In that three dots, click the button named “Report“.
- Once you choose the Report button, the Instagram will ask you “Why are you reporting this account”. In that, you need to choose the button named “Report Account“.
- After selecting report account button, the Instagram will show you another set of three options. In that, you need to choose the option named “It’s pretending to be someone else“.
- Then, select the option for “Who is this account pretending to be?”. After that, you need to provide a picture of your government photo ID where the name should match your Instagram account as well as the impersonation account.
- And that’s it, you have successfully reported the impersonation account on Instagram. Make note that, Instagram will take upto (24 – 48 hrs) of time. If the details provided by you mismatches, then Instagram won’t help you anymore.
Here’s the short scratch of the article. This article is all about how to report an Impersonation account on Instagram. To report an impersonation account on Instagram, all you need to know is the impersonation Instagram account profile name and ID. With that, you can be able to report that account.
After that, you need to provide a government photo ID to make sure that your profile matches that impersonation account. And that’s the end of the article. If you have any kinda queries, just post them in the comment section.