Instagram is the current best text messaging and video sharing platform which was owned by Facebook. Recently on Instagram, a long-time rolling update has been introduced. And the new feature is hiding likes and view counts on personal and public posts. Are you an Instagram user and feeling about your likes or view counts? If yes, then there is a solution to solve those comparisons of likes and view counts between users. The solution is hiding the likes and view counts on your personal posts and on feeds too. There are two options to hide likes and view counts. One is hiding the likes and view counts on other’s posts and the second way is hiding likes and view counts on your personal posts. Follow up this article and grab the points to hide likes and view counts on Instagram to make it clear.
Table of Contents
Did you know?
Since before the update of hiding like on Instagram, some of the Instagram users have accepted this feature and some users may not. So by making it clear, Instagram made this feature self-enabling. This means that if a person needs to hide likes on other posts and personal posts, then it’s their choice. Then if you don’t need this feature, you can disable this feature. Many experts have also supported this option of hiding likes and view counts on Instagram. Here’s the solution for hiding like and view count on Instagram posts.
How to Hide Likes and View Counts on Instagram posts?
In Facebook, you can hide your likes on the posts, similarly, on Instagram, this option has been introduced. There are two options, one is hiding likes and view counts on your own posts and the second option is hiding likes and view counts on other posts. If you hide your likes and view counts, then it means that you’re restricting others to see your like counts. Instagram made this option very simple to do. Here’s the procedure to hide likes and view counts on Instagram.
Hide Likes and View Counts on Public or Other’s Posts:
- First of all, open Instagram and log in to your account by entering your username and password.
- After that, choose your profile icon and click the three horizontal line at the top right corner and select “settings“.
- Now, from the following options in Settings, you need to choose “Privacy“.
- In privacy, find “Posts” option and click that option.
- Finally, if you want to hide likes and view counts on other posts, just toggle the “Hide Like and View Counts” option which was disabled by default. After this, you won’t be able to see other posts like and view counts.
Hide Likes and View Counts on Personal Posts:
- First of all, open Instagram and log in to your account.
- Now, choose any particular posts of yours and open it. Now at the top right corner, click the three vertical dots.
- Once clicking the three vertical dots, choose the option named “Hide Like Count“. If you’ve chosen any video post, then the option will be “Hide Like and View Count“. By choose this option, you can hide like and view counts on your own posts.
- There is another way to hide like and view counts on Instagram. Another way is doing on Advanced settings while posting posts. When you’re posting a post, at below, you can be able to see Advanced settings. From that option, you can hide likes and view counts before posting a post.
Here’s the conclusion of how to hide likes and view counts on Instagram. There are two kinda options are there. One is hiding likes and view counts on other (public) posts, and the other option is hiding likes and view counts on own posts. This can be done with simple toggle options, just follow the procedures and find out how to hide likes and view counts on Instagram. If you don’t know how to view the current follow requests that you’ve sent to other people on Instagram, then check out this article – How to Find the Current Follow Requests on Instagram?