Windows 10 is the latest version of the operating system from Windows and lots of updated things were made when compared to other operating systems in Windows. The power button is the main thing in every operating system. While coming to Windows 10, the power button contains only Sleep, Restart, and Shut down options. But if you want to put your PC in Hibernate mode, then the option will be unavailable at the initial. The Hibernate option is easy to activate in the power button and after that, you can put your PC into Hibernate mode. In this article, I’ll guide you on the way to activate the Hibernate mode in Windows 10. Let’s wrap the article for the procedures for Enabling the Hibernate mode in Windows 10.
Did you know?
How to Put Windows 10 in Hibernate mode?
Before getting onto the procedures to put Windows 10 in Hibernate mode, let me explain what is hibernation in Windows 10. Hibernate mode in Windows 10 is nothing but, similar to the shutdown option. The PC uses no while it is in hibernate mode. When you put your laptop or tablet in hibernate mode, the files and data that are opened on the desktop will remain as it is, it won’t be closed. For less consumption of power, many laptop users will go for this hibernation mode without resting the PC in Sleep mode. Here are the procedures for enabling or activating hibernate mode in Windows 10.
1. First of all, open Settings in your PC, and then navigate through the “System” settings. The System option contains lots of options related to your system.
2. Up next, in the System setting, there will be many options will be available on the left side. From that options, select the option named “Power and Sleep“. In the power and sleep option, once again select the option named “Additional power settings” which will be located on the right side of the tab.
3. Once selecting the additional power settings, a new page will be opened in the Control panel. On that page, you need to select the option named “Choose what the power buttons do“. This option is located on the left side of the page.
4. Initially, the hibernate mode will be disabled. And here in these settings, you can enable the hibernate mode. You need to choose the option “Change settings that are currently unavailable“. By clicking this option, you can change the default settings that are there in the power and sleep button.
5. Finally, enable the hibernate mode and then click the “Save Changes” option to finalize the settings which are made. After doing this process, check the power button, the hibernate mode will be activated in it and it looks with the time icon.
The final words before the completion of the article. This article is all about the topic “How to Activate the Hibernate mode in Windows 10”. Here in this article, I’ve provided a step-by-step procedure for enabling the hibernate mode in the power button on Windows 10. The process is very simple and if you don’t know about the hibernation mode in Windows, then know about it and then enable this mode on your PC. Also, if you’re a passionate reader of the article, then just check out the article in the Did you know table.