Apple’s iMessage is an instant messaging platform in which the users are connected with their beloved ones. This iMessage source is available for all the iOS platforms and it is easy to sync the data over devices like Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. Often, many updates are made from apple and iMessage holds up lots of features. From that features, one of the good and great features is auto backup of messages. Yes, iMessage automatically stores the messages. In this kind of app, if you want to clear some space or want to delete some unwanted messages on your iMessage, then this article would help you with how to delete messages on your Mac or Macbook. Follow the procedures and delete messages on your Macbook if want to. Let’s crack the article.
Did you know?
Before starting the key points to delete messages on Mac or Macbook, if you want to know how to backup your iPhone, just follow the above-mentioned link on Did you know table. Nowadays, in most messaging software, there is an option to delete or hide messages. Similarly, if you don’t like the messages that you’ve sent or you had sent any wrong messages, by the time, you can delete the message. The process is simple and you can delete the messages in multiple ways. Here, I’m gonna guide you about how to delete messages and a whole conversation on Mac. Here are the procedures.
How to Delete a Specific Text Message and a Whole Conversation on Mac?
If you want to delete a specific message or a whole conversation, then you can do it as simply as possible. For this thing, you need to follow some basic clicks on the mouse. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to delete a specific message and a whole conversation on Mac. Here’s how to do it.
- First of all, open “Messages” app in your system.
- Now, select any specific conversation and then select the text message which you want to delete.
- After selecting the specific text message, now “right-click the text message” and click the “delete” option to delete a specidfic text message.
- To delete a whole conversation, select the specific conversation and click the “Edit” option.
- In edit option, select the option named “Clear Transcript“. This option will delete the whole conversation from your side alone. And that’s it, follow these procedures to delete messages on Mac. Up next, I’ll guide you about how to delete messages permanently on Mac.
How to Permanently Delete all iMessages on Mac?
Previously, I’ve explained how to delete a specific message and a whole conversation on Mac. Now in this segment, I’ll guide you about how to permanently delete all iMessage on Mac. For this thing, just follow the procedures that I mentioned below. Here’s how to do it.
- First of all, open “Messages” app and then select preferences. In preferences, select iMessages and then sign out from that.
- Now after signing out from the iMessages, now close the messages app and remove from the recent list.
- After that, Go to the folder from the menu bar. On folder, just navigate to messages or enter this command “~/Library/Messages“.
- At last, delete the archive and attachments folders and “chat.db, chat.db-shm, and chat.db-wal“, etc. In the end, restart your system to delete all iMessages permanently.
As expressed before, this article is about how to delete all messages on Mac. Here in this article, I’ve mentioned procedures for deleting a specific message or a whole conversation on Mac. In addition to this, I’ve summed up how to permanently delete all iMessage on Mac. Just follow the procedures and delete the messages on what basis you want.