Voice Control on any device is a handy feature that is used to solve many tasks quickly. Most importantly, you can just make commands with your voice, instead of moving your fingers. For iPhone, Siri plays an important role as voice control. By using this feature, lots of things were done faster, simpler, etc. But not all time, there are drawbacks while using this feature enabled on iPhone. The people were facing problems like randomly activating, popping up several times, etc. By facing this kinda problem, some users may be frustrated to disable or turn off this voice control feature on iPhone. If you’re the one facing these kinds of problems, then follow up on this article and disable the voice control feature on your iPhone.
Table of Contents
Did you know?
Voice control may be useful to some users, but it may be a trouble for another set of users. As I mentioned before, the voice control feature troubles users just by popping up many times, randomly opening, etc. To avoid this thing, those users can better turn off the voice control feature on their iPhones. To turn off this voice control feature, it is very easy if you follow some simple steps. The process will differ for iPhone X or later and iPhone 8 or earlier. And here are the procedures for iPhone X or later and iPhone 8 or earlier.
How to Turn off Voice Control on an iPhone X or later:
- First of all, iPhone X Voice Control is enabled in the side button. So to turn it off, open “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Now after opening the Settings on your iPhone, you need to scroll down and find out the option named “General” and select it. Inside this general option, select “Accessibility“.
- After selecting Accessibility, once again scroll down and select the option named “Side Button“.
- On the Side Button setting, under “Press and Hold to speak” header, you can choose the option to turn off the voice control. If you want to turn off the voice control in your device, just select the option “Off Advertisement
- But if you want to have Siri instead of voice control, you can better enable the siri option. This will make siri enabled and voice control disabled. And that’s it, you’ve turned off voice control feature on iPhone X or later.
How to Turn off Voice Control on an iPhone 8 or earlier:
- Like iPhone X, there will be similar procedures, but here on iPhone 8 or earlier, the voice control is enabled on the Home Button. So, open “Settings” on your iPhone.
- On settings, scroll down and find out the option named “General” and select the option. Later on this General settings, scroll down and select the option named “Accessibility“.
- Now, on accessibility, choose the option named “Home Button“.
- Finally, on the Home Button option, Under “Press and Hold to Speak” header, you can select either options like Siri or Voice control or Off. If you want to turn off the voice control, then select the option “Off Advertisement
Here’s the conclusion part of the article. Let me summarize the steps that were previously mentioned. For both iPhone X or later and iPhone 8 or earlier, the procedures will be similar except for the location of the voice control feature. For iPhone X, it will be located on the Side button, but on the iPhone 8, it will be located at the Home button. Except for this concept, the steps will be similar and easy to follow. If you want to use Siri instead of Voice control, you can enable Siri alone. Or else, you can completely select the “Off” option to disable the voice control on iPhone.