Microsoft Excel is the biggest tool that is used for many purposes. For example, MS Excel is used in Companies to store huge amounts of data, and other reasons. In this tool, if you’re in a hurry, then it is possible to make mistakes. And the mistakes would be creating the already existing elements and that is called duplicate elements. Removing duplicate elements like entries and values is simple to do. You just need to follow some quick steps to resolve the mistakes that made. There will be two steps to follow. One is to highlight the duplicate elements and the second one is to remove those highlighted duplicated elements. Let’s get into the article to crack the solution for this query.
Did you know?
How to Highlight the Duplicate Elements in MS Excel?
On some occasions, you’ll need to complete data entries quickly. By the time, there is a chance to make a mistake like entering the duplicate elements. To remove those duplicate elements, first of all, you’ll need to highlight the duplicate elements in that entries. Let’s get into the steps to highlight the duplicate elements in MS Excel.
1. First of all, choose the column in which you wanna check the duplicate elements. You need to drag the plus icon from the top of the column till the end. Also, you can choose a combination of columns too.
2. Then after choosing the column, select the option named “Conditional Formatting” that will be located at the Home.
3. In this Conditional Formatting setting, you can be able to see the option named Highlight Cells Rules. Click the option and then, new settings will be popped up on the right side, in that once again choose the option “Duplicate Values“.
4. After the above step, a new small tab will be opened and in that, it will ask you to choose the highlighting color. Choose the color and select the “Ok
5. Finally, the duplicate elements will be highlighted with some colors. For example, you can see the above-mentioned image.
How to Remove Highlighted Duplicate Elements from MS Excel?
In the previous steps, I’ve mentioned how to highlight the duplicate elements in MS Excel. Only after highlighting the duplicate elements, you can remove the duplicate elements from the list.
1. At first, Select the option named “Remove Duplicates” that will be located at the Data top menu. If you find it difficult, then follow the shortcut ALT+A+M.
2. After selecting the remove duplicates option, the tool automatically asks you to choose the column in which you want to remove the duplicate elements. If you want to remove either of the values, then select only the elements column. It’s all your wish to choose the right column.
3. Up next, after choosing the columns of duplicate elements, click the OK option. Once you’ve selected and finalized the duplicate elements, they will be removed in a fraction of a second. The main process is choosing the duplicate elements column and then removing that column’s duplicate values based on your selection.
The final words before the completion of the article. This article all about the topic “How to Remove Duplicate Elements in MS Excel?“. For this query, you need to follow two basic things. One is to highlight the duplicate elements from the list and the second one is to remove those highlighted duplicate elements from the list. The steps are mentioned in the above passages, just follow them and grab the solution for the query. If you want to know how to enable macros on MS Excel, then check out the link.