In Whatsapp, the feature named “Last Seen” describes when the user finally used the Whatsapp application. By using this Last seen feature, the user will find when the user is lastly active on Whatsapp. Exactly like Whatsapp, Instagram has the feature named “Activity Status“. By using this feature, the user can find whether the user is currently using the application or not.
If you’re an Instagram user, then you might have observed a green circle near the profile icon in the DM(Direct Message) inbox. This green circle denotes the user is currently using the Instagram application. Using this feature, one user can identify that their friends are active or inactive. It is a useful feature many people liked it out. Whenever a new update arrives on Instagram, then this green signal circle’s place also changes on the DM inbox.
Many people like this feature, but a few may not. If you won’t like others to see your activity status on Instagram, then there is a way to hide your activity status on Instagram. Instagram has an option to hide your Activity status. In this article, I’m going to guide you out “How to Hide Activity Status on Instagram?”. Let’s warp up the content.
Table of Contents
Freeze Here for a While!
How to Hide Instagram Activity Status on Web Browser?
On Instagram, the user can find their friend’s last active using the Activity Status option. But if you won’t like the feature, then you can hide that Activity status on Instagram. Let’s look at the process to hide the Activity Status on Instagram using Web Browser. Here’s how to do it.
- First of all, open any Web browser and navigate to Instagram login page and Login to your Instagram account using Username and Password.
- Once getting into your Instagram account, now you need to select your profile icon that will be located at the top right corner.
- After clicking the profile icon, select the option named “Settings“.
- On settings, you need to select the option named “Privacy and Security“. After that, at the right side of the screen, you can be able to see the option named “Activity Status“. Toggle the tick option named “Show activity status” to hide the Activity Status.
- And that’s it, you have successfully learned how to hide activity status on Instagram using Web Browser. Now let’s see how to do it on the Mobile Application.
How to Hide Instagram Activity Status on Instagram Mobile Application?
Above, I’ve listed the steps to hide Instagram Activity status on a Web browser. Here, you can find out how to hide Instagram Activity status on the Instagram Mobile application. Both the process will be similar, but the platform differs. Here, you’ll be going to use the Instagram application to hide the activity status in your Instagram account. Let’s get into it.
- First of all, open Instagram application and log in to your account using your username and password.
- Once getting into your Instagram account, click your profile icon that will at the bottom right corner and in that page, once again click the three horizontal bar Advertisement
- Once you clicked the three horizontal lines, then immediately a few options will arise from bottom. In that, click settings.
- Now on settings, select the option named “Privacy“.
- On privacy settings, scroll down and select the option named “Activity Status“.
- Finally, on activity status setting, toggle the “show activity status” option which will be turned on by default.
- And that’s it, you’ve successfully learned how to hide Instagram Activity status on Instagram Mobile Application.
Here’s the end of the article. This article is all about Instagram’s activity status feature. By using this Activity status on Instagram, one user can find whether their friend is active or inactive. Also, a few people won’t like this feature. So in this article, you can learn how to hide the activity status on Instagram in either the mobile application or web browser.